Saturday, November 19, 2011

In a nutshell....

In March 2008 Bryce was called to serve in the Australia Brisbane Mission!! He left June 4, 2008. I was able to stay with him and his family in Salt Lake that weekend before he left...we had a blast together. Bryce always has had a way of making me feel so comfortable, he always made me feel like I could just really be ME and loved me & all my craziness! ;)
So anyways... I had the opportunity to be an EFY counselor that summer and it just so happened that my first week was the same week Bryce would be leaving. So that Sunday I headed up to the U to get ready for my first session and I was totally crushed! I know how silly it all seems, but I felt like I couldn't breath...my heart just ached to be with him! I was honestly SOO thrilled with what he was doing and the goals he had set and was achieveing and wouldn't have had it any other way! And I was so excited for the opportunites I had - I loved being at EFY it was such a neat experience! But, after Bryce left, I just remember crying a lot...for a long time. ha SO we wrote throughout his mission...this was so wonderful for our relationship, we learned so much about each other and ourselves. Our love grew stronger and stronger through each letter. He always encouraged me, always remembered things that were happening in my life or things he knew were important to me! He is seriously just amazing...sometimes I still can't believe I get to be married to him for eternity!! Ü


So...Bryce returned home from his mission June 9, 2010. Of course I went up to Salt Lake so I could be available when he returned! Ü His family had a big BBQ that night for him with friends and family and neighbors. Lots of fun people...but pretty overwhelming. I remember walking into Chantells house and Sky was with me, Bryce was in the middle of the big backyard, and I remember stalling trying to stay in the kitchen and visit. Chantell looked and me and asked if I had seen him yet and I said I hadn't so she said well go see him!! Yikes! My heart dropped! I could see him through the window....I couldn't wait to talk to him to hug him and hold him and hear everything, I couldn't believe he was really here!! I just was wishing he would meet me at the door to the back yard, but of course not so much luck! ;) Went into the back yard and again tried to stall at the BBQer where Larry was cooking! I talked to him for a second then there was not turning back...Sky & I walked over to where he was standing....no big white smile...nothing...yikes. I gave him a big hug! He said like 2 words, looking at me like please go away...so i did. Ü As the evening went on we both lightened up and got to talk a bit. That night was just what I needed!! He was so sweet! As we were cleaning up I passed him as I was taking things inside and he grabbed my hand and pulled me close to him, I couldn't wait till we could could be alone and really talk. When we left, he walked us out & out his arm around me pulling me close as we walked. When we got to the car he told me he was sorry about the awkward stuff, he told me he wanted to see me HEAPS while I was in town! What more can a girl ask for at that point? Ü Then the best part of all...He said, I just love you so much! Ü Perfect Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment